- CSE welcomes MoEFCC’s new notification on brick kilns - It is a welcome step from MoEFCC to reign in uncomplying brick kilns through technology roadmaps or cleaner fuel options, says CSE... The Union Ministry… More...
- To Slow Himalayan Glacier Melt, Curbing Air Pollution is Key - Melting Glaciers, Loss of Snow Pose Risks to South Asia Water Resources... Climate change and air pollution are speeding up the melting of the Himalayan… More...
- Stanford researchers use AI to empower environmental regulators - Monitoring environmental compliance is a particular challenge for governments in poor countries. A new machine-learning approach that uses satellite imagery to pinpoint highly polluting brick… More...
Brick Industry: A High Emitter of CO2
The brick industry has a devastating environmental impact with brick kilns being extremely high emitters of CO2.
Converting as little as 10% of the kilns would save 55 million tonnes of CO2 from being released into the atmosphere annually.
Converting all brick kilns in developing countries to energy-efficient Habla Zig-Zag Technology would remove approximately 500 million tonnes of CO2 from the atmosphere annually. In comparison, the global airline industry is estimated to release a total of approximately 915 million tonnes of CO2.
1. Air Transport Action Group: atag.org/facts-figures
2. IATA Climate Change Fact Sheet: www.iata.org
VIEW PDF: Habla Kilns Infographic Oct 2020