Habla Zig-Zag Kilns Design Concept
The Habla Zig-Zag Kiln Concept is simple. The kiln provides a unique, energy efficient, low emission technology with significant social, environmental and economic benefits.
Habla Zig-Zag Kiln Features Include
- Long fire zone moving through stationary bricks.
- Fan – The fire zone is advanced by a low horsepower induced draught, propelled by an axial flow fan.
- Air flow – Increased air turbulence through use of fan and adjustable dampers, improving firing of bricks and fuel combustion.
- Setting Pattern – The unique, long zig-zag fire zone allows even the most inferior of fuels to be burnt and clays to be fired – there is a low setting pattern.
- Heat Recycling – Heat is recycled in a continuous process.
- Pre-drying – Once the bricks have been fired, the heat is reclaimed and used to accelerate the pre-drying of ‘green’ bricks.
- Structural – Green bricks are used as part of the kilns masonry structure, once the kiln is fired the green bricks become saleable (commercial) product
See the HZZK production sequence
Loading, firing & unloading
Habla Zig-Zag Kiln - Improved living & Working Conditions
- Maintains the use of the existing workforce.
- Working and living conditions of kiln workers is improved.
- Living conditions for the immediate and wider population surrounding the kilns is significantly improved.
- Cleaner firing technology and fuel optimization improves the health for all workers and their families.